Wednesday, June 15, 2011

BARRY LEFKOWITZ LOVES ORCHIDS

Barry Lefkowitz (plot #16) with his orchids
Aloha, 

I have been gardening all my life… My mom loved her gardens and her trees back East in the suburbs of New York and I loved going to the nurseries to buy plants, bushes, perennials, etc.  I guess that’s when I caught the bug!

Then I started doing landscape work in my late teens as a way to earn a few dollars!  That got me even more interested and I started to learn all about the flora back east!

Then I moved to Colorado, high in the Rockies and had to learn all about the flora there and had 40 years to do it.

Now I am retired here and still learning and I am the guy with the orchids!  That’s my new challenge…getting them to thrive and re-bloom….  Having so much fun with them.

I think our garden is just charming and I would make few changes. Regular maintenance is a very important thing and also, it would be nice if we could prune some of those big trees on the Diamond Head side on a more regular basis as they do create a great deal of shade and litter…

Mahalo,

Barry Lefkowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment