Sunday, December 5, 2010

BLOGGING ABOUT THE GARDEN

when out of curiosity, my husband and I walked into the Diamond Head Community Garden last March, we were instantly greeted by the friendliest bunch of people on earth.  We got to taste Suriname cherries and left with an armful of collard greens, basil, and Spanish moss.  Such sweet aloha!  Thank you for creating a garden oasis in the city for all to enjoy! 

To add to the delicious sense of community and warm friendships that pervade the garden, I’ve started this blog of photos, stories and interviews.  Read the first interview  below with newest members Sunny and Bob Robello (plot 71).  Say hello when you see them.   You can post your comments once you’re registered.

Would you like to add to the fun and help us all learn about you and your garden?  Just let me know your answers to some or all of the following questions:

  • ·        How did you get into gardening?  Did someone teach you?
  • ·        Why do you garden?  What do you get from it?
  • ·        What is the best or most interesting thing you’ve ever grown?
  • ·        Do you actually cook and eat what you harvest?
  • ·        If you could have it your way, how would you improve the garden?
  • ·        Do you know of any interesting, funny, inspiring or curious things that have happened in the garden?
I
 I look forward to hearing from you.
 
Feel free to leave a note in my mailbox (plot 34) with your name & email address. Or better still, email me directly at: ez@hawaii.rr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment